Write down the thoughts of the moment. Those that come unsought for are commonly the most valuable. -- SIR FRANCIS BACON

Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it. -- C.S. LEWIS

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My-way vs. Yah-weh


I have come to realize that spiritual desires and needs are spurned in us by God and they are only capable of being fulfilled by God.

For example, we all recognize that there is a need for prayer in our walk with the LORD. If my prayer life is lacking, I often feel a need to pray more. Yet, this desire to pray more can only be fulfilled by God.

In other words, instead of saying to myself "I need to pray more", I ought to say "God, give me the desire to pray more". Then, when we obtain our desire to pray more, it is a result of God's grace and blessing--which is long lasting as opposed to attempting to achieve it on one's own, which is short lived at best.








Soli Deo Gloria

No comments: